Friday, January 3, 2020


Happy New Year!

I hope your holidays were merry and bright!  I've almost reclaimed my house from all the excitement!

Before the break, we spent some time creating our gifts for our families, enjoying lots of seasonal literature, and learning combinations of numbers with sums of 6, 7, 8, and 9.  This week, we've been learning ways to build the number 10, reflecting on our vacation, and talking with Mrs. Patch about growth mindset and perseverance.  We learned about snow and how William "Snowflake" Bentley used a special camera to photograph individual snow crystals.  Next week, we'll learn more about the number ten, continue with our opinion writing, and start to investigate Polar Regions!

No pictures from class this week, as it was a short one, but here's one of Kola and Darla on Christmas Eve!  And, a thank you message for reading the blog! :)




Have a great weekend!  I have a meeting in Augusta all day tomorrow, and Mr. Cole and I are meeting some friends in Boston whom we haven't seen for several years.  I hope you get to have some fun, too!

Becca