Friday, October 18, 2019

Hello!
I hope you all have power back after the exciting weather yesterday!

This week, we continued our work with addition/subtraction word problems in Math.  In Writing, we learned about "unfreezing" our characters by making them "MOVE" and "TALK" in our stories.  Our STEM lesson was really cool-we learned how rainbows are formed and used some prisms to make our own rainbows!  There was also a safety drill and Picture Day!

I took a fall photo of the kids, but it is on my camera-I'll post it when I get home from the theater tonight.

Next week, we'll have a Guidance lesson with Mrs. Patch, practice an evacuation drill to another building on campus, and have our first substitute teacher (Mrs. Cole is a presenter at the Maine School Management Association's Fall conference on Thursday).

Congratulations to Kainen and Aurora on earning the privilege of taking home Darla and Kola again!

What is due next week:

Home Reading Folders (with both books) on Monday
Eagle News on Monday
Library Books on Thursday

Green homework folders and menus are due on November 4th.
Our next Sharing Day is November 4th.

Have a great weekend!  My play is in its second weekend, which is very exciting.  I also have some DIY projects on my list.  I hope your days are fun and productive, too!

Becca