Friday, March 20, 2020

Happy Friday, everyone!

So, our Leader today is...… Knuffle Bunny!  This cute character was created by one of our favorite author/illustrators, Mo Willems...have you been checking out the Lunch Doodles with Mo Willems?  I hope so!  It's super fun!  I posted Episode 1 a couple of days ago...here's Episode 2:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30DCOgTGn_o



Today is March 20, 2020.  It is the first official FULL day of SPRING!!  I'll be posting a fun spring craft on tomorrow's special Weekend Edition of the blog!  You'll need 2 sheets of paper in 2 different colors, a pair of scissors, a glue stick or some tape, and a pencil or a light-colored crayon.

Darla learned some new words in Spanish today!  Try these...

rabbit: conejo (co-NAY-hoe)
ice cream: helado (ay-LAH-do) (you don't say the /h/)
left: izquierda (eez-kee-AIR-da)
right: derecha (day-RAY-cha)

Muy bien, mis amigos! <3

Fix Mrs. Cole's Sentences

1. we planted some flower seeds let's plant vegetables next

2. my cat is very silly did you see him jump up high

Scrambled Sentences!  Unscramble the sentence.  Think about which word has to be the first or last word in the sentence.

1. today. sun glad is I'm the shining

2. rode We bikes to house. his our

Great thinking!

Today's Math Challenge!

Mrs. Cole has 4 cats.  Each cat has 4 paws.  How many paws do they have in all?  Draw a picture to help you, use your ten frames, or try a different strategy.  How did you find your answer?

Use the ten frames you drew yesterday, or make new ones:  8 + 4    9 + 7   6 + 6   3 + 8

Awesome work!

Virtual Field Trip: United States Botanical Garden and National Zoo, Washington, DC!

I love the US Botanical Garden in Washington, DC!  There are so many beautiful plants and flowers to see there. I hope you get to see it in person one day, but I thought it would be fun for you to take a virtual tour today to celebrate the first full day of spring!   https://www.usbg.gov/take-virtual-tour

You can also do virtual tour of the National Zoo. Other languages are available as well:
 https://nationalzoo.si.edu/visit/self-guided-zoo-tour-english

Here are just a few pictures from my visits to Washington, DC...I posted a picture of Kola at the Lincoln Memorial back in November-see if you can find it in the blog archive!

Washington Monument                 The Capitol at sunset                       Lion at the National Zoo
 




How are you doing today?  I had fun feeding Eboo and finding some more things to share with you.  I also watered all the plants in our classroom and talked with some other teachers.  I miss you all!  Keep sending me those great photos and emails!!
Love,
Mrs. Cole :)