Wednesday, April 8, 2020

Happy Wednesday, friends!

Today's Leader is...Pete the Cat!!!  He misses the Reading Incentive update we usually do on Wednesdays. You can hear one of his books here: Pete the Cat: Pete's Big Lunch


Today is April 8, 2020. Good catch yesterday, Etta! 😉

Pete and Darla learned some new words in Spanish:

shoes: zapatos (zah-PAH-toes)
blue: azul (ah-ZOOL)
lunch: almuerzo (al-moo-AIR-zoe)

Try these!

1. pete is a blue cat he has yellow eyes

2. what color are your shoes do your shoes have laces

Today's Math Challenge!

Pete the Cat read 18 books. Darla read 12 books. Mrs. Cole read 8 books. How many books did they read in all?

Extra challenge! How many books did YOU read last week?  Add that to the total!  Try using ten frames and see how many tens and how many ones there are in your sum.

Virtual Field Trip: Good Mews Cat Shelter, Marietta, Georgia Good Mews Tour

This was one of my favorite books when I was a little girl.  I hope you like it, too!
The Shy Little Kitten

Are you having a good week?  I hope so!  I loved the warmer weather we have had this week. I hope we will have more sunshine this weekend!
See you back here tomorrow!
Love,
Mrs. Cole